Hi Armin,

Armin Le Grand schrieb:
     Hi Regina,

the dr3d:scene scene is - as in the model - the binding element between
3D content and 2D objects. It has two objectives:
- be a 2D element which defines where the 3D content is to be rendered
to, it's z-sorting and other 2D attributes, hence the 2D stuff like
svg:width and svg:height, these should be the 2d attributes of the 3D
scene in it's role as 2D object
- be the root of a 3D scene, with a hierarchy of 3D objects, lights and
camera definitions which will all be rendered to a 2D 'bitmap' content
(except the 3D shadow, that is another beast and creates 2D shadow
'behind' the rendered 3D bitmap, but as vector data)

That means, that svg:width and svg:height makes no sense for inner dr3d:scene elements. ODF 1.2 does not distinguish this. So I will try to get an additional remark into the spec.

The camera for an inner 3D scene is ignored (only the outmost one makes
sense).

So in a nesting tree only one camera in a branch makes sense. But I do not think, that it must be the outmost dr3d:scene. Imagine two 3D-scenes with camera, side by side grouped by a dr3d:scene without camera.

 I would guess there was no easy way to make an extra-definitopn
for a 2nd 3D scene which allows both.  Toe other sense of inner 3D
scenes is a simple group object mechanism (extensively used in 3D charts).

Are the svg:x and svg:y attributes used in the inner 3D-scenes?

HTH!

It confirms my opinion that the spec needs some clarifications in regard to 3D-scenes.

Kind regards
Regina