On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> be

>> > My take on this discussion so far  (and I am certainly NOT the definitive
>> > judge on this):
>> >
>> > * there is the listing on the consultants page itself:
>> > http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html
>> >

>> I wrote that page, so it might not be too presumptuous if I say what I
>> meant when I wrote it ;-)
>>
>> The guideline is that the 3rd party pages must "respect ASF
>> Trademarks".  This is vague, but intentionally so.   I think we'll all
>> be more accurate judges of what is wrong when we see it than we are
>> predictors of all things that could possibly be wrong.  So the
>> discretion is given to the PMC to take this on a case-by-case basis.
>> We should be looking at each submission and their linked websites as a
>> whole.
>>
>> The kinds of abuses I had in mind were mainly pages that implied that
>> the services were endorsed or affiliated with the ASF.   This is much
>> more than technicalities of whether or not a (TM) symbol is used.  For
>> example, a page that calls itself "Apache OpenOffice (TM) Consulting
>> Group" would *not* be OK. We don't want our trademarks used as
>> adjectives, since that suggests an affiliation.
>>
>> I also had in mind that we might need to correct names where they are
>> misstated, e.g., "Apache Open Office", "Apache Openoffice",
>> "OpenOffice.org", etc.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> OK -- I think we should go ahead with this. Unfortunately, testing with my
> private web area on my box, my server is balking at the ".xsl" page that
> goes with this...so...

The command line should look something like:

xsltproc -o consultants.html --stringparam locale en to-html.xsl consultants.xml

You can switch locales by setting different values via stringparam parameter.

Other XSLT engines should work, but the command line would be different.

> Rob, since you have always taken care of this in the past, I would be fine
> and dandy with you committing this change -- wearing your Apache hat
> instead of your IBM one of course. ;)

Sure, I can do it next week when I am at my desk.

Regards,

-Rob