Really promizing and great news. Thanks for the detailed update.

Marcus

Am 11/15/2013 06:54 PM, schrieb Andrew Rist:
I wanted to give an update on the buildbots, as this is a question that
keeps coming up.

* We've received assurances that the Mac buildbot is coming. Long
story short, the current mac hardware is a bit long in the tooth and
we would kill everything on it if we added our builds to the current
machine. We are waiting for real hardware in the form of a Mac Pro
which will enable us to have multiple virtualized mac bots, giving
us our own environment that can be set up for AOO. The machine
should be ordered by the end of the year - bot should come up early
next year - ish...
* We are also waiting on a CentOS bot to create our standard Linux
build. This has been requested and is in the works, and Jan has
agreed to bring this up in discussions with infra. I am hoping we
can have this for the 4.1 release timeframe.
* FreeBSD bot - we have a new freebsd bot and it is slowly moving
toward building without errors. If anyone has suggestions for
fixing issues on there, please post to dev and we'll move that
forward. We are currently stuck on Hunspell -
http://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-fbsd-nightly/builds/91/steps/configure/logs/stdio

and
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/fbsdn/log/unxfbsdx.pro.build.html

* The hung process issue with the windows buildbots seems to solved
now, and has not been a problem lately.
* Currently the Windows bots are failing - but this seems to an issue
of svn getting out of sync, I'm cleaning up the bot and restarting
the machine after some updates - I expect this to clean up the
current issues. (
* Snapshots - both linux and windoze are currently having issues in
terms of the size of files that the build creates. The standard
buildbot directory upload routine zips the directory, uploads it,
and unzips at the destination. Our directory of install bits has
gotten too large and we are running into an exception on this
step. (On long term fix is to create our own custom directory
upload code for build bot - but that is another discussion...) The
short term solution is to split the snapshot build into two builds
(possible in a single flow) and build half the languages in each
build - this should get us around the space issue.

That's all for now
A.