On 29.11.2013 12:16, Pavel Janík wrote:
source/tabpages/connect.hrc:#define STR_EXAMPLE 1
source/tabpages/paragrph.hrc:#define STR_EXAMPLE 5010
It comes from accessibility improvements. Can I delete the define to 1?
The defines look like made for strings used in dialogs.  The values would be
local to the dialog.   Redefinition to 1 might lead to collision with another
string that is already defined to 1.

That said, STR_EXAMPLE may have been used for debugging and not be used anymore.

Therefore, without knowing more, I would not change the value and live with the
warning.  But it would be better if STR_EXAMPLE is still used and delete it
otherwise.
The normal use is in cui/source/tabpages/* except connect* files.

Accessibility changes brought this:

source/tabpages/connect.cxx:
aCtlPreview.SetAccessibleName(String(CUI_RES(STR_EXAMPLE)));

source/tabpages/connect.hrc:#define STR_EXAMPLE 1

The string is defined in paragraph*:

Pavel-Janiks-MacBook-Pro:tabpages pavel$ grep -r STR_EXAMPLE paragrph.*rc -A2
paragrph.hrc:#define STR_EXAMPLE
5010
paragrph.hrc-#define STR_PAGE_STYLE                                     5011
paragrph.hrc-#endif
--
paragrph.src:String STR_EXAMPLE
paragrph.src-{

I think that aCtlPreview.SetAccessibleName with redefined STR_EXAMPLE can't
work properly...

Looks like your initially proposed solution is the way to go.

-Andre