> > > From: dwhyt...@gmail.com [mailto:dwhyt...@gmail.com] On
> >
> > > Please note that Apache does not endorse or guarantee any
> > > copy of AOO not
> > > downloaded from an AOO site.
> >
> > Is not it better to say that in general there is no guarantee it, no
> > matter where
> > the download comes from? (Or do I misunderstand your statement?)
> >
> > See point 7 in:
> > http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
> >

> We don't warrant AOO in any case...we provide it as-is.
> However,  we can
> state that binaries people download from AOO sites are built from AOO
> source and don't contain anything else; we can't guarantee
> that for copies
> from any place else.

Possible. But why should we do that _explicitly_?

If, this point really matter then he should be in the license, it is, however,
only marginally important, we should not especially mention it because to
"guarantee" also includes a legal aspect.

A legally effective promise we can not keep, is rather bad for our reputation,
so
it is better to promise less and deliver more than to promise more and keep
less.

No, no misunderstanding, I'm sure the binaries coming from the Apache pages,
99.9%
sure are (likely to 99.99999 ...) but not 100%, and why should we do so as if
our
server are invulnerable?

Greetings,
Jörg