On 12/15/13 4:44 PM, jan i wrote:
> On 15 December 2013 15:43, Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> one in Germany, very well-known IT magazine brings tomorrow an article on
>> OpenOffice.
>> The short text to this is very positive for OpenOffice and is (Google
>> translation):
>>
>> "Stable Oldie
>>
>> OpenOffice holds its own against LibreOffice
>>
>> When LibreOffice was cleaved from the OpenOffice project, many users
>> predicted the imminent end of OpenOffice. However, all doomsayers the
>> Office package lives on alert and can keep up with his descendant it in the
>> current version 4.0.1, when it comes to everyday tasks."
>>

>> See the original german short text:
>> http://www.heise.de/ct/inhalt/2014/1/140/
>

> thx for sharing this.
>
> however I still wish, the discussion about "them" and "us" would end, and
> we all could join forces to make an even better product. Its nearly
> christmas, time of the wishes :-)

wishes are allowed especially to Christmas but my personal hope goes to
zero. We can only continue to deliver a good product based on the
license, the rules and conditions that are given.

But the article is of course a nice one (which is seldom) and is very
positive for AOO. It's motivating and we should simply continue,
everything else is not under our control. But we can do better in
marketing AOO.

Juergen