Hi David,

Your idea worked. We were able to comment out those lines in the prex.h and the
system was able to successfully build the VCL module as well as several others.
We can almost taste the finish line.

Yay! I'm very glad to hear this 8-)

However we have encountered another problem with the build that is a little
more difficult than just sorting out the included header files and paths, this
time in the slideshow module. The error is located in the c++
/usr/include/stdcxx4/deque.cc on line 569 and states that
ShapeImporter::XShapeEntry has a const member mpGroupShape and cannot be
reassigned. We can see in shapeimporter.cxx that line 181 is indeed a const
definition of mpGroupShape, but it doesn't seem to tie directly to line 569 in
deque.cc. This may be because deque.cc may be used as a template, and the
assignment is forbidden because the value in XShapeEntry is a const, but is
there a way around this?

This seems to be caused by a strange interaction of boost's shared_ptr and that const members can only be set in constructor. Maybe rvalue references come into play here too if your compiler has them enabled. The exact error message could help...

Do you have a thought as what we might try to continue with the build?

If the problem is in boost's shared_ptr then maybe updating to a later version could help. Please see my patch in issue 123817 if you want to update to the latest boost.

But maybe the shared_ptr problem is genuine when e.g. the reference counting requirements of such a shared_ptr require it to be non-const?

Anyway, the quickest workaround would be to remove the const from in line 119 of shapeimporter.hxx and line 193 of shapeimporter.cxx.

Herbert