On 12/19/13 7:54 AM, Abhishek Kumar wrote:
> Hello Andre and Jürgen,
>
> I have recently started working with OpenOffice, and wanted to get into
> deeper details of the massive codebase.
>
> Although I am used to working with  vim+gnuToochain, but given the codebase
> size, an IDE for indexing and viewing the code seems to be a good way
> forward for someone new to this codebase. Eclipse as specified here seems
> to be quite good for debugging and viewing code.
>
> Is there some standard IDE that is used for debugging/editing core OO code
> in SC/SD/WriterFilter etc?

on Windows the MS Dev Studio Express Edition is used normally, the Ms
debugger is the best I have seen so far. On Mac I use gdb in Emacs or
Xcode. Especially with the new Mac env I will use Xcode. On Linux I
haven't seen a very good tool wrapping the gdb. I use gdb in Emacs or
via  command line but will try in the future Eclipse.

Juergen