On 22 December 2013 21:12, jan i <j...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 22 December 2013 21:13, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

>> We would probably want to confirm with the original author for any
>> pre-Apache patches, to make sure that the patch is given under ALv2.
>> The exception might be those who were Sun/Oracle/IBM employees at the
>> time.

> How about we do it the other way round, we sent a mail the the authors
> stating we assume the accept alv2 unless we hear from them within x days  ?

Because as well as being profoundly rude, that would be a copyright
violation unless you are absolutely sure that (a) every contributor
signed a Sun or Oracle CLA (b) that the patch was accepted under said
CLA (does putting a patch in Bugzilla count as a contribution if it
wasn't accepted?) (c) that copyright on all said patches was covered
by the Oracle grant (as, e.g., the CWSes may not be).

- d.