On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:59:08 -0800
Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Rory,
>
> It might help to know which version he was downloading and also which
> sourceforge mirror.
>
> You could then compare the length that google reported vs. the size of the
> same file from http://www.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.0.1/binaries - don't
> reference that in the forum - it is there to help.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Dec 30, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>
> > On the en-Forum there have been some reports of "Download interrupted",
> > from memory these are mostly from users of Chrome browser. We normally
> > advise use (either permanently or on a one off basis) of Firefox.
> >
> > A current case is
> > https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66618#p296227
> > which links to a possible flaw in the file server.
> >
> > The suggested flaw may be worth investigating.
> >
> > --
> > Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>

The OP gives the required information in this posting on the Forum,

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=66618&p=296274#p296274

and indicates that he successfully downloaded from a different Sourceforge
mirror

In a subsequent posting he says
> Just to make the test complete, I also tried the HEAnet
> mirror again, but this time the file downloaded completely.
> I also checked in the IE10 history (where I had to click resume)
> and there the file was downloaded from Garr.

> So perhaps something automagically changed last night?

For what its's worth, my local mirror (for almost everything, not just Apache
software) is HEAnet and I've never had problems downloading from there.
--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>