What would be the next step after a "patch" submission.  Wouldn't that get it
simply incorporated into the program?

I'd like to see it downloadable by users, a la Templates.  I'd also like,
admittedly, credit for it, as it's a domain-specific thing for me.  (In
comparison, the Templates section is plastered with a bunch of posts of DVD
label templates for Lulu.com, seemingly obviously an advertising ploy by them.)