Hi Απόστολος,

As far it regards Solaris,I have noticed that the building scripts of OpenOffice
assume that one is building with Sun Studio. This compiler is a bit outdated
and of course GCC is available for most platforms. Since LibreOffice has
removed support for Sun Studio, I guess it would be a goof idea to remove
support for Sun Studio. It adds complexity without reason. For example,
I tried to compile a module and it failed just because it assumed that
I was using Sun Studio.

Some people are still using SunStudio for building OpenOffice. Please see the thread http://markmail.org/thread/5gnsk7hmehxfdthx for more details and the problems that result from this platform, but we shouldn't remove it yet.

Herbert