On 07.02.2014 11:32, Απόστολος Συρόπουλος wrote:
Hello,

As far it regards Solaris,I have noticed that the building scripts of OpenOffice
assume that one is building with Sun Studio. This compiler is a bit outdated
and of course GCC is available for most platforms. Since LibreOffice has
removed support for Sun Studio, I guess it would be a goof idea to remove
support for Sun Studio. It adds complexity without reason. For example,
I tried to compile a module and it failed just because it assumed that
I was using Sun Studio.

Today that would be Oracle Solaris Studio, current version seems to be 12.3.

There is no buildbot for the Solaris version of OpenOffice and it is not tested. So, in a sense, we have already dropped support for Solaris :-) But there are others on this list that are currently doing a Solaris build. Anybody still using Sun|Oracle Studio?

By the way, is clang also available on Solaris?

-Andre

Kind regards,
A.S.

--