Hello Members of Apache OpenOffice,

    My name is Matthew Weinman. I am interested in gaining knowledge
and experience
in the field of technical writing. I am a published author of fiction,
which I know is
much different, and have recently graduated from a small college with an English
degree.

    I know very little about the field of technical writing, but feel
with my background
I would be able to develop the skills necessary to make a career in
tech-writing.
Since I've never been in a group such as this, I'm wondering, "How do I even
get started?"

    The, 'Introduction to Contributing,' page advised me to send an
email to this
account, then, I would be on the mailing list. I'm excited to start and any
information on the field of technical writing would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Matthew Weinman