On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 8:01 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> publish.

> which

> >> mmh, it's hard to say which services works reliable at the moment. I for
> >> example can't edit in cwiki. Got proxy errors or service temporary not
> >> available ...
> >>
> >> No fun, wasting time for stupid and simple edit changes in the cwiki
> >>

> > It sounds like Infra experienced multiple hardware failures at the
> > same time.  But they're making progress.  A note on the infra list
> > says CMS builds should be working now.  I'll give that a try now.
> >

> Yeah, it works!
>
> A little late, but here's Samer's special logo for 100 million downloads:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/

YAY!

> I've also updated the text in the social network sharing links.
>
> The stats pages are also updated:
>
> Downloads - http://www.openoffice.org/stats/downloads.html
>
> Downloads by country - http://www.openoffice.org/stats/countries.html
>
> So assuming the distribution side is working, I think we're OK for a
> 4.1 release.  We can update announcements on the website and publish
> blog posts.
>
> The one thing that does not appear to be working is putting images
> into blog posts.  But maybe we keep the images on the wiki, deep link
> to them if needed?

Whatever you think is best. I feel saddened by the loss of all these very
cool blogs -- esp the one on the integration of Symphony features -- but
also many others. But...our life goes on. Continuing to use the ASF blog
feature is fine. We might think of making complete copies on the main web
server. It's certainly not a problem to do this.