On 5/6/14 12:49 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 1:53 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> for AOO 3.4 we had already discussed and later on reverted a change to
>> enable the ODF Document encryption AES-256 by default.
>>
>> Some time ago I played with a new option field to allow the user to
>> enable this option as new default, see [1]
>>
>> By default the office still uses the old blowfish algorithm but with
>> this new option the user can enable the ODF 1.2 encryption. Well it is a
>> minimal change to improve the current situation and allow the user to
>> make use of what we already have.
>>
>> What does it mean in detail when we integrate this change?
>>
>> 1. No change as long as this option is not enabled
>> 2. Option enabled and ODF 1.2 encryption is now default
>>

> Would you happen to have a link to this in the ODF 1.2 spec? I can't seem
> to find this...sorry.

not directly but you can review

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/OpenDocument-v1.2-part3.pdf

Section 4.5 describes the attribute <manifest:algorithm> and there you
find a reference to 4.8.1 <maifest:algorithm-name> where the first
bullet point listed

"An IRI listed in §5.2 of [xmlenc-core]: The algorithm and mode
specified in §5.2 of [xmlenc-core] for this IRI."

[xmlenc-core] is defined on page 9 and links to
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-xmlenc-core-20021210/ and under 5.2 you
find Block Encryption Algorithms

I think all this algorithm are supported theoretical but practical I
know that OpenOffice supports Blowfish and AES-256.

Maybe others can provide more details here. I am really no expert in
this area ;-)

Juergen