On 29/04/2014 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
The main point is *where you are* in the CMS Browse View when you click
on the "Update" link.

I tried several times, but I'm not sure it works for me. Maybe it works if we see "update" as "update this directory".

Example to update and publish only a file:
1. In your browser open, e.g.,
   "www.openoffice.org/my-dir/my-subdir/index.html".
2. Open the CMS via the bookmarklet.
3. Click on the link "[Edit]" in the row of the "index.html" file.
4. Click on the link "[Update]".
5. Do your changes in the file.
6. Commit your changes.
7. On the following page click on the link "[Publish]".

In the last days I tried to do this for the main index.html page and for the download/devbuilds.html page. I commit to SVN directly (so I don't use the CMS for editing pages), but the rest works as you describe. So I browse to download/ in the CMS and when I update it downloads my changed devbuilds.html page and nothing else. But then, when I publish, if I click "View diff" I see all the changes in "download".

So maybe committing through SVN means that I'm forced to update the directory, and thus if I change the main index.html file I must publish the whole site, and if I change devbuilds.html I must publish the whole subtree (download/) containing it? In that setup, indeed I wasn't able to find a command like "Update this file only".

Regards,
  Andrea.