Am 05/20/2014 09:27 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:
On 19/05/14 20:58, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 05/19/2014 09:11 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
Marcus (OOo) wrote:
This weekend just a little update as I was not able to do more work
(healthy problem):
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_droplist.html

It's nice! I would say it's almost done. It works correctly for me.

Thanks.

I got the chance to test on different browsers on Windows 7:

- Firefox  -->  All looks fine, working as expected

- IE 10    -->  All looks fine, working as expected

- Chrome   -->  No text in DL links but they work OK,
                incomplete text in sub-green,
                no links besides the both little icons,
                doesn't change when different items were chosen

- Opera    -->  No text in DL links but they work OK,
                incomplete text in sub-green,
                no links besides the both little icons,
                doesn't change when different items were chosen

And I've no clue for now how it looks like on Firefox and Safari on OS X.

mmh, the drop down boxes have still different height and look not so
good on Firefox

http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/Firefox_downloadbox.png

That's strange as with Firefox on Windows and Linux it's fine.

And Safari has of course other problems with the button below the boxes
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/Safari_downloadbox.png

That looks quite similar to what I've seen with Chrome and Opera.

Therefore hopefully the same root cause.

Marcus

So, sorry, but I fear there is some more work needed.

Maybe, to simplify it further, I would remove the "32-bit" from Windows
since we are not offering anything else for Windows; so users won't be
confused.

Done

And I can select things like "OS X 32-bit, English US, 4.1.0" which do
not exist (but the download correctly converts it and gives me the
64-bit version).

The version thing is the last bigger stuff to add. Up to then only files
from the 4.1.0 release will be offered as download. ;-)

Marcus