Am 05/06/2014 02:24 AM, schrieb sebb:
On 5 May 2014 20:00, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>  wrote:
Am 05/05/2014 01:29 AM, schrieb sebb:

On 4 May 2014 17:37, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>   wrote:

Another update, seems this weekend I've my productive phase: ;-)

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_droplist.html

What was done:

- Grey box:

    - Bye, bye grey color - hello green freshness.

+1

    - The select boxes are prefilled with the browser guessed data.

+1

    - The information link has now a (i) icon.

Looks better, but the hover text has gone. It was useful...

I get the text "What is the difference between full installation and
language pack?" when hovering the mouse over the (i) icon.
Have you done something different?

I get hover text for the download and report links, but not for the (i).
This applies to Firefox and Opera 12.17 on WinXP, and Firefox on OS X
(Mavericks)

I did a test with IE10 and there is also no hover text. I've now added text to the respective element.

Chrome shows the (i) hover, but the download and report texts are
missing - I only see the (i) and the link icon.

Still the same when changing a value of a drop-down box? This will trigger a new creation of download links.

I do see the download hovers if the mouse is moved over the blank
space to the left of the (i)
The drop-downs are correctly preset, but there is no info in the light
green box.

These will be set together with the download links.

This is true for Chrome on WinXP and OS/X, and for Safari and Opera 20.0 on OS/X
[I think Opera 20 is based on Chrome]

IE8/WinXP is completely broken; no content in the drop-down boxes and
no download or report text.

So none of the Win/XP or OS/X browsers are fully working for me.

Hm, that's not good. Need to work on this.

Thanks

Marcus

    - Added a "Report broken link" - pointing to the debug webpage.

I clicked on the report button.
The test page that appears needs to have some introductory text to
tell users what to do.

Yes, like I wrote right below. ;-) For the moment it's just to see that
something is working.

      The icon alone is maybe not meaningful enough, therefore an
      additional text link.
      (Of course the debug webpage needs further work to really work as
      report function.)
    - All not primary important data are now in the sub-box.
      Now it looks more clean.

- Green box:

    - All not primary important data are now in the sub-box.
      Now it looks more clean and the focus is set for downloading only.

- Links:

    - I've moved and deleted links and also adjusted the headlines.
    - In the nav bar as well as in the colored boxes.
    - Of course it's just a suggestion and can be discussed/changed.

I think the download links could be more descriptive (there's plenty
of room) - e.g.

Download full installation package (including language pack)
and
Download language add-on pack only

This is were I need some help *what* to write - text or button or both or
something else ...
So, thanks for your suggestion.

As an aside, the information page about language packs could perhaps
describe how dictionaries compare with language packs. Do language
packs include any dictionaries? Or do they just include the text
strings used in the application?
I found the page quite difficult to follow.

OK, I will improve the text.

What is not yet working:

- The version drop-down-box has still no effect for others than 4.1.0.
    It's a bigger effort as I've to take into account every
    available build for every release in the past.
- The [Reset] button is now not working as expected, however maybe
    it's indeed no longer necessary?

    What do you think?

The reset button could be dropped.

OK

Thanks for your feedback.

Marcus

What are the next steps:

- Make the version drop-down-box work for older releases.
- Improve the styling of the both download links.
- Combine the both green boxes.

- And further suggestions from you.

Thanks in advance for testing. :-)

Marcus