Am 05/30/2014 11:21 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>  wrote:

http://www.openoffice.org/index.html

There was always the complain from some of you that the blog posts and
news articles on the right hand side are too long and the user has to
scroll too long to the bottom to see everything.

Now I've limited this. Blog posts and news have a max height. If more
content is inside both areas then a scrollbar is displayed.

Marcus

OK. This makes sense, and it is certainly nice to do something about the
LONG lists. I will test on my tablet as well.

And, I wonder if we could find some nicer scroll widgets. When I looked
into this originally a while back, it seemed we needed JQuery, or something
similar, but things may have changed since then.

See further information, e.g.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9394696/how-to-make-a-nice-scroll-bar-in-a-webpage-html

what scaries me most it this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6165472/custom-css-scrollbar-for-firefox

So, use JQuery or forget any customized scrollbars on Firefox. :-O

JQuery seems to be a new script language inside JavaScript. But indeed very powerful. I heard also from my working colleagues that I should us it. E.g., it can help a lot to work around some browser incompatibilities.

So, I will give it a try in general in the future. :-)

Marcus