Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
I just dropped Ed another email, this time I copied the four known email
addresses that I have for him.

I made an attempt at contacting him too, to confirm that the project would like to save the forum, or at least the current content. I pointed Ed to this thread. You have better connections than I have, so thanks for using them.

Also, depending on your plans, do you have objections if the official
Apache OpenOffice group mirrors the original content (they have a copy

Not sure about this. Hagar wrote he has some stuff, but I don't know if that is a full dump (PHP code, database, attached files) which would allow us to restore the forum, or if it is just a collection of pages downloaded somehow. I'm not aware of any other archives than Hagar's one.

Regards,
  Andrea.