On 11/06/14 08:21, jan i wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We have been offered a possibility to have a AOO event just after ApacheCon
> EU.
>
> ApacheCon EU is monday-wednesday, so the AOO event can be thursday and
> friday, in parallel with a cloudstack event.
>
> There are costs asociated with the offering, how to handle that is being
> discussed by the PMC, either we find a sponsor and can make the event next
> to free of charge, or we have to charge a fee and look for the more
> professional users (goverments etc).
>
> I think its a great opertunity to show that AOO is still a very active
> project, and show what we do for other projects. I also believe its a great
> opertunity for developers, QA, documenters to meet with real life users and
> visa versa.
>
> My aim with such an event, would just be the event itself, and the
> marketing that follows. It can be a major kick to our project.
>
> But in order for this to be a reality, the community needs to be behind the
> idea, and we need a couple of people to stand up, and help get it organized.
>
> Therefore my simple questions:
> - Is this something the community at large wants to pursue ?
> - Any volunteers to help ?

I am skeptical that we can manage it in time (specially the sponsoring
part). The CFP for the normal ApacheCon ends June 25th and we can have
potentially a AOO related track during the main conference, I don't
know. But we should not miss this deadline.

I personally will focus on development and release tasks only in the
following month and will not have too much time to help. But I would of
course try to support such an event with a potential talk, a workshop or
whatever.

Juergen