On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamil...@acm.org
> wrote:

> I am willing to make a day trip from Seattle to the OSCON Expo Hall.
> That is affordable for me and appealing if can meet ASF and
> especially AOO folks that I have not yet met in person.
>
> (I have started some work on change-
> tracking for which there might be discussion interest as well.)
>
> I don't follow the OpenOffice dev list these days.  It helps if I
> am CC-ed in any discussion there that is aided by my being at
> OSCON.
>

>  -- Dennis E. Hamilton
>     dennis.hamil...@acm.org    +1-206-779-9430
>     https://keybase.io/orcmid  PGP F96E 89FF D456 628A

This is a very nice offer, Dennis. It would be great to have an OpenOffice
rep there with Melissa and Shane.

Basically, Apache will be having a table at the upcoming OSCON in Portland.
Details on OSCON can be found at:

 http://www.oscon.com/oscon2014

When I discovered this a day or so ago via the Board report that was sent
on June 18, I sent a message to d...@community.apache.org asking about what
purpose the table served and if projects could/should contribute in some
way.

So, the Apache reps will be at the table the days the expo is open -- July
21-23.  Initially, I was under the impression we had some "treats" to
contribute but perhaps we don't currently.

OK, so the next question.

What was on these popular "pins" that have been used n the past? Just the
gull logo or ??? It looks like we could get some 1" circle pins very
inexpensively if this is the case. I would be happy to cover the cost of
these and have them shipped to ASF headquarters in time for transport to
OSCON. They wouldn't "say" anything with just our current flat logo, but
they would be good I think.

MzK

"What you can do, or dream you can do, begin it;
 Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."
                -- attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe