The Support that is done is to receieve OOXML not to produce them, the
discussion issue would be to support legacy formats like .doc or .xls.

I still dont see a point to generate OOXML and most people dont care
as long as they can send in office native formats.

I never heard someone saying, please send it on docx, your doc is a
closed binary format.

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor