On 14.08.2014 14:02, jan i wrote:
hi.

Have you also noticed that the amount of AOO mails have exploded
lately....sounds good you think lots of activity

SADLY the truth is different, we have a fair amoun of real mails, but
something like 8 of 10 are sent to multiple ML.

Can you give an example?

It is unwise to send the same mail to multiple lists, for a couple of
reasons:
- the discussion becomes scattered over multiple ML
- you force your fellow community members to read the same mail several
times
- you waste our bandwith

If most mails are copied to most ML....then why do we have so many ML, one
solution could be to only have dev@ and let the others be an alias
(absolutely not one I prefer).

How can we stop this tendency to blow up our inboxes ?

rgds
jan I