On 16 Aug 2014, at 12:55 pm, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> I've also been fixing (or breaking, who knows!) some documentation on my
> clone (my "fork" as Github likes to call it) but I'll submit a pull request
> only when basic things work.

I've just merged in your changes and also invited you as a committer to the
repository. Then you'll be able to push directly to it instead of having to
maintain your own fork.

I vote that we establish a policy of rebasing instead of merging in the general
case (unless there's a good reason to do otherwise), as this will help maintain
a mostly-linear history and avoid the annoyances described in [1]. That is, if
before I push to the repository I see that the remote master has advanced (due
to you or Jan committing something else), I'll rebase my commits on top of
yours, so they look like they come "after" them in the history. Likewise, you
and Jan would do the same if I've made commits. What do you think?

http://blog.spreedly.com/2014/06/24/merge-pull-request-considered-harmful

--
Dr. Peter M. Kelly
Founder, UX Productivity