Davide Dozza wrote:
I tried this morning with two different Sourceforge downloads.
Do you mean it's possible there are RCs still on some Sourceforge mirrors?

RCs are never uploaded to SourceForge. And anyway you have the final version if the (very strange) About screen you posted is correct:

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0                -> This line is outdated
AOO411m6(Build:9775)  -  Rev. 1617669  -> This line is OK (correct Rev.)

I have no idea of the root cause, I see everything OK on Linux (RPM): first line says 4.1.1, third line says August 2014. But do you really get the three lines as such or it's a copy/paste error?

The only strange thing about those builds is that there used to be two sets of packages for desktop integration, but this should have been fixed (i.e., the version you download should have only one set of packages in the desktop integration folder). Moreover, desktop integration should not interfere at all with the displayed version number.

Regards,
  Andrea.