On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
> RA Stehmann wrote:
>>
>> I only refuse the way of acting Jörg wants to instruct me.
>> We discussed that topic on the list. To ban an email address isn't very
>> effective, because that person is able to join the mailing list with
>> another email address.
>

> If the two of you disagree on how to handle a troll, the troll wins, you two
> lose, and the project loses (since we don't want to pollute the lists with
> long discussions on how to handle a troll).
>
> If he makes zero useful posts, just ban him and get rid of the problem. Sure
> he can register with a new address, and this is why Michael is correct in
> saying that people should really learn to ignore posts and not having public
> discussions on whether to ban him. But banning him will show that you are
> all on the same side.
>
> See http://openoffice.apache.org/list-conduct.html and if I were the
> moderator I would send a public reminder (and clearly you did discuss it on
> the list already, so the person is aware) and then ban him. The page above
> says what he should do if he feels abused by the moderator.

Maybe translate that page into German if it helps.

It is also possible to put a link to the conduct guidelines into the
template for list posts, so every lost will contain that link.

It is possible for a moderator to ban a user from posting, for a
specific email address.   Obviously a determined troll can create
other mail accounts.  But if they became abusive in this way then we'd
follow up with complaints to their ISP.

But I think the first step is to discuss conduct guidelines and get
agreement within the German community that these are the terms you
want to and agree to work with, and that moderators will enforce them.

Regards,

-Rob