Onyeibo Oku wrote:
Attempting to create a new account,  I get:
The entered e-mail address is already in use.

This is normal. Hagar was suggesting that you created another account with a DIFFERENT e-mail address, not with the one you are already using. Fact is, out of thousands of users you are the only one reporting similar problems, so for sure this is related to your setup. If we had a way to reproduce the problem we could still have a look, but at the moment we are unable to reproduce it and I don't know how we can investigate this.

Searching the web for similar issues reveals discussions like
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2136419
but, again, in our case it's only you out of thousands of active users... we need more information to be able to help.

Regards,
  Andrea.