On 27/10/14 21:33, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Well I think we added all languages on Pootle where we see activities or
>> interest in working on the translation. Why should we add languages
>> where nobody is working on? I don't get it.
>
> That was an example, but still it is one improvement that needs to be
> done. Why? Because volunteers are much more likely to be involved if
> they can have an idea of what they would be working on, and because we
> can't keep volunteers waiting too much.
>
> Concrete example: http://markmail.org/message/usn5khq3imrdibzq Sinhala
> (si) was requested two weeks ago and
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/extras/l10n/source/si/
> hasn't been imported yet.

The natural way would have been to submit an issue task to integrate it.
I am currently don't follow the l10n list in detail and easy miss such
requests that are on the mailing list only.

Documenting the current process is still a to-do on my long list and
it's too bad that we won't make progress with the genlang project. I
believe it is dead and nobody really knows enough details to continue
(probably).

Anyway if somebody feels motivated to work on translation relevant task
on Pootle just ask. Don't wait on me until I have documented everything.
Asking directly is much more efficient.

Juergen

Probably you are now the only person who has