+1 (non-binding [;<) on PMC approval of any slip-stream.

I don't understand why full rebuilds are required.  The only crucial file that
needs signing is the .exe that is downloaded and extracts the actual setup
files.  All it does is extract a number of fixed files and then run the
extracted setup.exe.

If a signed version of that .exe can be created, using the existing setups
delivered with the current 4.1.1 .exe files, there is nothing else to do.  It
has to be done once for each language, but that's it.  No full rebuilds, no new
dates on files.  The extracted setups would be binary identical to each of the
current ones for 4.1.1, so it is easy to verify that the signed .exe does not
deliver anything but the already reviewed installs.

That might be unworkable, but it is definitely worth seeing if it is possible
rather than going through a full-up set of build processes.

 - Dennis

PS: Rob's analysis is very useful to keep in mind as we look at other ways to
increase confidence in the AOO binaries and the AOO site as preferable for
those downloads.  I think grabbing the low-hanging fruit and getting something
simple through the process is also desirable, especially since we are starting
from zero using the signing process.