On 4 January 2015 at 21:09, Michael J. Acevedo <vea1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings to the Apache OpenOffice Community!
>
> I just wanted to wish the development team a Happy New Year and just say
> that I am getting back into Apache OpenOffice. Funny enough my line of work
> after college has forced me to get an office suite and since Apache
> OpenOffice got me through college just fine I thought it would be great to
> help me out in my professional career.
>
> Glad to be home and I am eager to see what is in store for Apache
> OpenOffice in 2015 (perhaps AOO 5.0? 😉).
>
> Welcome back.

One of the best ways to learn about what we have in  store is to go one of
the event where we participate, in the coming months that is:
- FOSDEM, Brucelles, 31 januar - 1 Februar (free entrance)
- ApacheCon North America, Austin Texas 13 - 17 april.

At the moment we dont have plans for AOO 5.0. Going from 4.x to 5.x
normally means incompatibility and it not something that should be done
lightly, we are proud of keeping compatibility so watch out for new 4.x
versions.

rgds
jan i.

Warm Regards,