On 06/01/2015 Regina Henschel wrote:
Howard Morris (aka Col Boogie) schrieb:
The reason I joined Open Office was to enhance the html code generated
from writer. ...
OpenOffice has the ability to execute XSLT. Please open a text document
and then try File > Export > type XHTML. You get a nice XHTML document.
The shortcoming is, that it currently only supports simple structures,
and that it is only for export, and import is missing.

Goto Tools > XML Filter Settings. That is the manager for XSLT filters.

Find the XHTML XSLT files themselves in folder
program/share/xslt/export/xhtml.

Improving this XHTML filter might fit better to your interests.

Regina wrote it much better, but this is what I meant when I wrote that you could "hack the conversion files". See my FOSDEM slides for more (link in my other message) and if you go this way I can probably give you some further hints.

Regards,
  Andrea.