On 01/23/15 17:02, Kay Schenk wrote:

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org <mailto:p...@apache.org>> wrote:

    Hello Kay;

    FWIW,

    Last time I worked on this (long, long ago) the idea was to remove
    completely the ext_sources dir and have people download the files
    from ooo-extras.

Well as URL2, the fall back. In theory the externals should be downloaded from their actual origination points -- URL1.

    As is usual with developer inertia, no one ever got
    to actually remove that directory, but in essence it is deprecated.
    Please don't upload anything there.

Well that may be, but for some reason, I can not get my builds to work without them being there in /trunk/ext_sources. I have not attempted to track down the cause of this however. I need to get into this.

Ah yes, exactly what I am seeing. Downloading the extra tarballs still works on AOO 4.1.1.

    For some strange reason, downloading new files seems to have
    broken. (ooo-extras is still working but the site was changed
    to sourceforge: maybe that has some relationship, I dunno).

We are still working on this. So, new changes are not reflected in the new SF area. I was thinking we could still put them in /trunk/ext_sources and jsut ahve SF mirror this. Really the status of this is still up in the air.

The main issue back in the day was that we are not really supposed to carry
category B tarballs along with the sources but also that SVN is not meant to be
a suitable binary distribution repository.

    About serf, it's not just a matter of updating tarballs.
    Newer versions of serf require scons to build.

yeah, I saw this and why I asked the question I did.

    BTW, there are a couple of FreeBSD patches that may be useful.

    https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/editors/openoffice-devel/files/

    patch-nss and patch-jpeg fix issues building with external libraries
    but someone needs to test building with the internal versions.

FWIW, I am testing the patches on AOO 4.1.1 ... so far, so good.

Pedro.