+1 on change or removal

It is perhaps more useful to follow the thread view of the conversation that
resumed today on the legal-discuss mailing list,
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/201502.mbox/thread>.
  Some suggestions have been voiced there too.

Anyone can also follow that list via the web archive or subscribing.  It is all
available to the public.

Observers might also be interested in knowing who the participants on that
thread happen to be in addition to those whose voices are known on this dev@
list.  This
<http://apache.org/foundation/> may be helpful in terms of the Board
composition and the Corporate Officers (listed before all of the PMC chairs).

I have already made my views known on this topic and I will not repeat them.

I do suggest that the continuing effort to rationalize that page and to
consider it a compendium of essential facts that AOO and even ASF has some duty
to present is a case of "fighting way above our own weight" and it would be
very good to stop twisting the wound and remove that thorn in some suitable
manner.  Officials of the ASF have made it clear that this page does not
reflect views of the ASF and that its posture is objectionable.

For those expressing pique over it being a topic on legal-discuss at all, I am
mindful that AOO exists at the pleasure of the ASF, not the reverse, and that
alignment of projects with how the ASF sees its public-interest duty to be
fulfilled is a very big deal, AOO-exceptionalism notwithstanding.  This project
is accountable, via its PMC and through its Chair, for demonstrating and
preserving that alignment.

 - Dennis