On 19/02/15 22:38, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>> Thread for discussion
>
> Come on, what's this? Do you guys read this list? We had this
> conversation earlier this month, not ages ago. It ended like this:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/2ae5vrtevxyizaje
>
> [Andrea] The page provides relevant information in a bad way. It is by
> keeping it as it is that we play the game of haters. I'll propose a
> rewrite next weekend.
>
> Now, weekends do not last 5 days, unfortunately, and life on the
> OpenOffice lists has been more eventful than I expected. But I very much
> prefer that instead of flooding the list as a handful of people did in
> the last few hours, someone would remember this and either say that we
> were still waiting for my rewrite or that they were replacing me in the
> task since I'm clearly late. But voting on the abstract option of
> replacing the page which something that doesn't exist does not really
> make a lot of sense to me.
>
> And it sounds too much like the usual "we talk about something expecting
> that someone else does the work" that I'd like we abandon.
>
> Well, my offer to rewrite it remains valid... but you'll have to be
> patient until next weekend!

thanks Andrea that you still offer a rewrite for further discussion. I
think this is the way to go. I still see valid points on this page and I
believe it can help people to understand a bit more all this license
jungle. At least the ones who are interested.

And let us put a clear disclaimer on top of the page that is the view of
the AOO PMC and not ASF in general.

Juergen