On 25/02/2015 jonathon wrote:
On 23/02/15 17:10, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
I have to state it again: this is not the way I would have written the
page; it is a version of the page that preserves all terms we had on
that page. If we agree on another version I'm very happy.

Is there a need/requirement to preserve all the terms on the page?

An argument that was made during other discussions on this topic was that the page had been designed to intercept web searches by people that did not even know about OpenOffice. Now, I can understand that people who search information about BSA audits will be relieved to discover OpenOffice and the fact that it poses no compliance problems. I doubt that mentions of the FSF and SFLC can be justified by the same reasons (the audience in that case is radically different) so I have nothing against rewriting this part avoiding to name specific entities and licenses (other than the ASF and Apache License, of course).

Jim: I've CCed you now, but if you want to be kept updated please follow the conversation at http://markmail.org/message/j4benlcq5niden26

Regards,
  Andrea.