Hi Patrick,

Patrick Lynn schrieb:
I had asked about this bug previously and got a response saying to look at
this
http://opengrok.adfinis-sygroup.org/source/xref/aoo-trunk/main/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Accelerators.xcu
.

The file was extremely long and didn't have a ton of comments so I wasn't
sure exactly how it functioned. Many of the shortcuts were repeated with
identical code several times so I assumed the shortcuts applied to
different OO modules.

The format is explained in http://people.freedesktop.org/~vmiklos/2013/oor-document-format.html There is the article Creating_a_Custom_Configuration_Schema in the developer guide in the Wiki, but Wiki is currently not accessible, so I cannot look whether it fits to your questions.

To try to narrow down which parts of the code apply to where I replaced all
of the 4 N_SHIFT_MOD1 commands from NewDoc to Grow and after building the
system the change did work and I could increase the font size in writer.

To test your changes before building, you can change the registrymodifications.xcu of the local OpenOffice user.

Is there some hidden structure to this file that i'm unaware of? I still
don't know which one of the commands I replaced applies to writer, granted
I can figure this out through trial and error, but i'm not sure where in
the code I would add in the new shortcuts.

Then the big question is what should the shortcut keys be to increase and
decrease font size in Writer?

Use Strg+< and Strg+>. That short cuts are used in other applications (e.g. MS Word, Composer ) too. If you will test them before building, you need to edit the registrymodifications.xcu manually. > and < are not available in the customize dialog.

Kind regards
Regina