On 6 April 2015 at 21:56, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 06/04/2015 jan i wrote:
>
>> I have just been made aware, that my understanding of chair role was
>> wrong.
>> The Chair has the responsibility to make the board report:
>>

> That is a technicality not worth talking about. In the end, it's important
> to understand what can be improved and improve it by still keeping faithful
> to the facts (and this is all I'm going to say about the many messages
> related to style and tone).
>
>  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/2015+Apr
>>

> This is very good. Really. Not because it contains good words towards me
> (actually, I'll ask to remove that part, see below)! But because it makes
> the effort to consider all the possible audiences that will see this report.
>
> I fixed some typos at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/diffpagesbyversion.action?
> pageId=55152414&selectedPageVersions=19&selectedPageVersions=18
> (nothing to discuss: apart from obvious typos, I replaced "4.1.2 reached a
> beta state" with "comes closer", since there won't be a beta for a 4.1.x
> release; about FOSDEM 2016 I changed "will" to "may" but  simply to say
> that this is work in progress, nothing else).

"comes closer" can be seen as tomorrow, but you are also right about
"beta", so it is changed to "4.1.2 is ready for internal testing"
"may" changed to "want to".

>  As the quote above says "You can seek input from the PMC"; and I would
>> like
>> to hear comments which I can incorporate in the report.
>>

> Well, I'm not dead, so let's replace (it's about me after all, so I feel I
> have a say on this) the epitaph with something more sober like:
>   ---
> Andrea Pescetti resigned as Chair after 2 years in order to enable a
> "rotating" Chair role (i.e., a change every 1-2 years) for OpenOffice.
> Andrea remains active in the project. Jan Iversen was elected as new Chair
> and the transition was smooth.
>   ---

updated, but changed  to "Andrea remains an active PMC member". You are
more than just active in the project.

> Then: "A major issue for AOO is..." should be under Issues and not under
> "Activity" (probably a copy/paste problem).

No error, the board cannot do anything about it, therefore it is not a
board issue. I had to consult on this one, but "issues" are for things the
board should
take action on.

> Last: I suggest (but this is not crucial) to add a paragraph about support
> since many community members are active mainly in user support and that
> area needs to be monitored closely:
>   ---
> The support channels (users mailing list and official forums) are very
> active as usual, thanks to the work of dozens of volunteers.
>   ---

added

rgds
jan i