Thanks Jan,

----- Commenting inline to -----
From: jan i [mailto:j...@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 15:40
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org; orc...@apache.org
Subject: Re: AOO Principles for Cooperation among ODF Projects

On 25 June 2015 at 22:58, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org> wrote:

[ ... ]
>  3. The possibilities for cooperation on source code that cannot be used
> directly in an ASF Project release and how that can be handled in
> distribution of binaries.  The preferences for optional dependency as
> opposed to essential dependencies and where they apply.  Dependencies that
> are disallowed on principle (and for which only very specific, narrow
> exceptions are considered, if ever).

I can follow your other points but not this one. Apache does pr rule not do
binary releases. If a binary is provided it is a convenience NOT a release.
Single PMC members (or others) might provide binary releases on their own
behalf.

This is actually a point where the AOO PMC walk on a very sharp sword, so
the wording here is extremely important.

I find your other point very good discussions point, so maybe we should
leave the binary release for a moment.

<orcnote>
   I carefully used the term "distributions" for binaries.  I will make
that more clear when we get to this.  I will not speak of binary releases.
I should have made that more specific.  There are practices that *do* extend
to binary distributions made by projects, even though they are not releases.
We can get into that later.
</orcnote>

[ ... ]