On 17 July 2015 at 09:19, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> We will have to release OpenOffice 4.1.2 as source and as binaries for
> Windows, Mac, Linux 32 and Linux 64. I don't know exactly what we used to
> build 4.1.1, but I believe that we relied on individual developers'
> hardware.
>
> Leaving digital signing aside for a while, what environments do we have
> available at the moment? Who else (other volunteers) can help with building
> (on their machines or even with a buildbot setup on the Apache Software
> Foundation servers), especially for Windows and Mac?

I would really prefer we use the buildbots, it has a couple of advantages:
- We are 100% sure about the environment and that we can reproduce the
exact same build if needed
- Our buildbot get our release configuration, which means in future we
build a release candidate every night (of course not to be released)
- It is simple to switch the SVN pointer from trunk to branch, and then we
should have all platforms covered.
- we can save a lengthy upload, because the buildbot generate exe on apache
disks.

rgds
jan i.