On 29/07/15 02:06, Jose R R wrote:
> Niltze, Jürgen-
>

> Building on Debian AMD66, after resolving multiple issues, build --all
> *always* halts "at recompile with -fPIC"
>
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 4:06 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 27/07/15 17:40, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I thought it can be useful to do a build on MacOS to ensure that it sill
>>> works on this platform ...
>>>
>>> The latest fixes for FreeBSD in coinmp break the build ... When I have
>>> more time I will try to fix it. I would recommend to be careful with
>>> fixes for not release relevant platforms.
>>>
>>> Juergen
>>>

>> I reverted the changes on the coinmp patch file for testing and trunk
>> built successful. The AOO410 branch had also problems and the file
>> set_soenv.in from trunk have to be merged on the branch. The build is
>> ongoing ...
>>
>> I updated also the 2 Centos VM's used to build Linux. After the update
>> both have problems with Java. It seems the update replaced Java and
>> configure has now problems to find a proper one. I will take a closer
>> look on i when I have time.
>
> [...]
> /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/CxxObject/svx/source/fmcomp/fmgridif.o:
> In function
> `FmXGridControl::createPeer(com::sun::star::uno::Reference<com::sun::star::awt::XToolkit>
> const&, com::sun::star::uno::Reference<com::sun::star::awt::XWindowPeer>
> const&)':
> fmgridif.cxx:(.text+0x68b2): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk
> to WindowListenerMultiplexer::acquire()'
> /usr/bin/ld:
> /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/CxxObject/svx/source/fmcomp/fmgridif.o:
> relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol
> `_ZThn48_N25WindowListenerMultiplexer7acquireEv' can not be used when
> making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
> make: ***
> [/apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/LinkTarget/Library/libsvxcore.so]
> Error 1
> /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:259: recipe for
> target
> /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/LinkTarget/Library/libsvxcore.so'
> failed
> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> rm
> /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/ExternalHeaders/Library/libxcr.so
> dmake:  Error code 2, while making 'all'
>
> 2 module(s):
>         odk
>         svx
> need(s) to be rebuilt
>
> Reason(s):
>
> ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
> /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/odk/pack/gendocu
> ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/svx/prj

> [...]

on which Linux you are building? This is a different problem with the
linker, I remember some issues with newer linkers in the past but can't
remember exactly ....

I solved my Java problem by removing an empty directory which was
referenced. Well configure is lazy here and don't further check if the
found directory is usable or not ... This needs some further checks!

Anyway after this and a new configure both Linux builds finished successful.

MacOS is still having problems on the AOO410 branch where as trunk built
successful.

Juergen