jan i wrote:
On Saturday, August 1, 2015, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Well, the project does have funds to spend on events and they have to be
spent, so funding is only a matter of a discussion/vote/consensus here.
Don't worry about this.
We used to have a rule of 250eur if I remember right, travelling from US is
likely to be 1000+

We've never had generic provisions, since all events are specific. I think that limit was for FOSDEM. Moreover, we never got to the step of actually reimbursing anyone, since nobody ever (me, you, anybody else) asked for travel reimbursement in the end... If we set some guidelines, it would make sense to have at least a recommendation to prefer short-range travel.

Regards,
  Andrea.