From: jan i [mailto:j...@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, August 3, 2015 11:25
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] RE: [DISCUSS] Calendar for New chair of AOO

On 3 August 2015 at 19:59, Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 08/03/2015 12:48 PM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that so far we have only one candidate.
>> Given the actual situation I'd prefer us to consider the option to speed
>> this up.
>>
>> We have many things to do, ranging from the Digital signing to go out with
>> a new release, if we can close this we could probably focus on technical
>> matters only.
>>
>> Does anyone have a problem to speed up this process?
>
> A big +1 from me, although I'm neither a committer nor a PMC member, I am
> a director, and would love to see AOO move past this road block, and
> potential source of controversy, and on to doing what the project was
> chartered to do.

+1 from me, provided the PMC is in agreement on it.

Please remember the original date was 16 August, so there might be
candidates out there waiting (just like Dennis was not nominated the first
day).

In case the PMC decides to close for more candidates, I suggest a 72 hour
(+weekend if needed) lazy consensus, and then I can make the needed
resolution to board,
we might even make it to the August board meeting.

rgds
jan i.