On 04/08/2015 jeffrey crowder wrote:
I'm unsure if I am able to use
OpenOffice as you are under the Apache license, I am under the Mozilla
Public License version 2.0, the reason being is (only fitting) that my
project/program is a web browser.

Hi, the short answer to this is yes (i.e., you can use code under the Apache License, such as the OpenOffice code, in a MPL project). That said, if you are writing your code from scratch I don't see any specific reasons (other than personal interests and beliefs) for preferring a license over another; honestly I don't see any reasons for using the OpenOffice code in a web browser either.

Well, good luck with your project and have fun! Should your personal project become a mature free and open source project with code and community, you may consider to bring it to Apache one day: you can read more at http://incubator.apache.org/

And if you have some time left for working on OpenOffice, we always welcome new volunteers! See https://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html for more.

Regards,
  Andrea.