On 25/10/15 11:15, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Damjan reported an interesting finding a few hours ago: the source
> package of OpenOffice 4.1.2-RC3 contains two extra files (which are not
> in SVN) in "main/": MacOSXX64Env.Set and MacOSXX64Env.Set.sh.
>
> I've done a quick check and:
> - The issue already exists in the 4.1.0 and 4.1.1 releases, and likely
> in previous releases too.
> - The extra files are there due to a glitch in the script that packages
> sources (sources are not 100% the same as an svn export: for example, we
> don't want to carry revision control specific elements around, so the
> packages sources do not contain .svnignore files, and soon); similarly,
> there is an extra Makefile, which is generated by the same process.
> - The extra files have zero practical relevance since the configure
> process will ignore them (on a Mac, it will will silently overwrite
> them; on other systems, it will create the equivalent files and use
> those during the build).
>
> I recommend that we continue voting on 4.1.2-RC3, since anyway this is
> not an issue to fix in SVN. It is what would be called a "clerical
> error" to blame on scripts.
>
> In any cases:
> 1) I will work on fixing our source packages. I'll keep you posted on this.
> 2) This is a clear example that shows we need to store all auxiliary
> scripts in SVN too. I've collected all of them for binary builds already
> and I'll commit them to SVN soon. This will help immensely in, for
> example, the buildbots setup.
>
> Binary packages are, of course, totally unaffected by this issue.
>
> We should all be grateful to Damjan for finding a glitch that escaped
> our scrutiny in the latest two (but possibly many more...) releases.

the src tar balls can be built in instsetoo_native/util

dmake aoo_srcrelease

the Mac config scripts were filtered out in the past before we switched
to 64 bit on MacOS. The ant file (solenv/bin/srcrelease.xml) is a bit
lazy and should be fixed to filter the correct files on Mac and of
course the correct files on Windows and Linux.

Juergen