On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 2:27 PM, #PATHANGI JANARDHANAN JATINSHRAVAN# <
jatinshr...@e.ntu.edu.sg> wrote:

> Hi,
> As I have said previously, I am a 3rd year university student. I have more
> than 2 years experience with Java, C and Python and brief experience with
> C++ (although I believe I can pick up fairly easily). I also have very good
> knowledge of git and agile methodology and have done an internship at
> PayPal as a software engineer intern, where I used these technologies
> extensively.  I need to contribute to an open source project of my choice
> for the next semester (ending in May 2016) and I would like to start now
> itself, to get familiar quickly. I picked Open Office since it is something
> I use daily (almost) and would like to contribute to. I am hoping to
> contribute to the Open Office codebase itself with new features, bug fixes,
> refactoring etc. I can contribute around 10-12 hours a week, and maybe more
> if there is a critical deadline to be met.
>
> I have successfully built OpenOffice on Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) with the
> following output at the end of the build process

> Successful packaging process!

>     copying log file to
> /Users/jatin1/repos/asf/openoffice/main/instsetoo_native/
> unxmaccx.pro/Apache_OpenOffice_SDK/dmg/install/log/log_AOO420_en-US.log
>
> stopping log at Tue Oct 27 22:32:31 2015
>

> Multiprocessing build is finished
>
> Maximal number of processes run: 2
>

> As for my development environment, I will be using CLion (by JetBrains) as
> my IDE, which comes integrated with SVN support, so I don’t have to muck
> around on the terminal.
>

> The next step I would like to take is, as instructed previously, ask if
> anyone has any open projects that they would not mind mentoring me on.
> There is ample time for me (7-8 months), so time is not a critical issue.
>
> By mentoring, I do not expect hand holding, but just very basic guidance,
> and I can give my shot at it.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jatin

Hi Jatin

Welcome to Apache OpenOffice. We appreciate any and all contributions. If
you are looking for some development ideas, you can do what I do: read
through Bugzilla to find something interesting to work on.

Is there anything in particular you would like to develop? I would be
willing to mentor you.

Damjan