The problem of large, multiple Calc documents open at once is also showing
up on the Bugzilla.

Finally, I have personally noticed cross-talk of some kind when multiple
documents are being worked on in AOO.  That is, changes made in one impact
the other one I am working on.  Not that the document is damaged but weird
things happen, e.g., with searching and navigating and viewing.  That was a
while ago when I had some heavy document editing and review work going on
and I made no effort to capture whatever it was.

It could be about memory leaking, but I suspect it is more subtle/sinister
than that in how multiple document instances are operated concurrently and
what might be shared in so doing.

 - Dennis

PS: That problems like this are tracked in an incoherent/disconnected manner
between Bugzilla, forums, and lists has me wonder about finding a good place
to bubble up some consolidation of what is happening as details are sorted
out and clear pictures emerge.  On a Wiki, perhaps, where there can be a
single point to send users to?