On 11/16/2015 7:38 PM, F C. Costero wrote:
On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 7:50 PM, Howard Morris (aka Col Boogie) <
howard_cary_mor...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I went to open a new document.
I saw the note there was new version available, so I downloaded it.

First thing I noticed was the spell check is still not working, let’s fix
it before people stop using Writer.

Next thing I noticed was a small change to the formula generator (math
calc?) in Writer.
The symbol for product seems to have changed. It should look like the
large capital letter pi, P.
Also the ‘from’ and ‘to’ blocks should be centered above and below the P.
This is relatively minor, but thought you should know.

Howard

I haven't had any problem with the spell check in the latest version. I
suggest you reset your user profile. There is a tutorial on the English
forum:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426
I also did a quick check of the product symbol in Math and I didn't see any
problem. What font are you using for the formula. You can see that under
the menu Format -> Fonts when the formula editor is active.

I am seeing similar problems with the product formula symbol. Exported as PDF, it looks fine. Viewed in Writer, the capital Pi lacks serifs, making it look very strange. When I click on it in the formula editor, it is at the bottom left of a dotted box, and the limits are aligned relative to the box. Not WYSIWYG.

The fonts are:

Variables: Times New roman, Italic
Functions, Numbers, Text, and Serif: Times New Roman
Sans: Arial
Fixed: Courier New

I have uploaded the files to http://www.patriciashanahan.com/OpenOffice. product.bmp is a screen shot of the formula editor. product.odt is the actual file. product.pdf is the PDF export.

Patricia