Thanks for your patience, what follows it's the result of a joint meeting
with our AdOps team and  our Managing Director.

Ad Ops has paused the Google Ad Exchange ad serving on SourceForge.net's
Apache Open Office project pages. This will continue while the team
completes our review of the Ad Exchange blocking rules and controls with
the Google team.

Having said that, I wish to share with you all some background information
about the whole process to ban ads and advertisers that are not compliant
with our advertising policies.

Ad Exchange blocking rules are our first tool of control to block
advertising that is non-compliant with company policy. They are quite
effective, though not perfect solutions. Unfortunately when malicious
advertisers find a way to fool the system, they are eventually able to
inject ads that are confusing. Under the Clean Software Alliance umbrella
we're collaborating with them to prevent similar ads to get into the
marketplace, hopefully that would help them to refine their policies and
tools over time.

As a second layer of control, our ad operations department regularly
reviews the advertising from the Ad Exchange and manually removes
advertising and advertisers that bypass the technology controls. They are
at the domain and advertiser-level, and are permanent.

We also have had some success with the community feedback element to our ad
quality process that includes a community feedback form. This has been
helpful for us to improve the timeliness of removing ad violations, but it
needs end-users' input.

With regard to our direct sales and partner advertisers, they remain active
and in full compliance with SourceForge ad quality specifications and
policies, and we never had similar issues with them.

Stay tuned, I will circle back with you next week with more information on
progress with our review of policy and ad quality controls.

Thanks,

Roberto